Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Heaven by Steven Elkins, Illustrated by Kirsteen Harris-Jones




About the Book:

Help your child gain comfort, peace, and confidence that HEAVEN IS A REAL PLACE!
What does the Bible say about heaven? In these 60 delightful rhyming stories with special Bible verses and charming illustrations, children will get a clear picture of what their forever home is like!
They’ll learn the Bible’s answers to big questions!
  • What is heaven like?
  • How do we get there?
  • How do we live like Jesus until then?
The First Steps book Heaven is the perfect “beginner’s book” for helping children discover the beauty and blessing of heaven while gaining inspiration for living their earthly lives in a way that is pleasing to God

My Thoughts:

I've been looking for a book like this one!  My grandson is five-years-old, and I have a granddaughter turning five months soon.  He's asking all kinds of questions about God, prayer and Heaven...so this book is ideal.

The book is divided into three parts: What is Heaven Like, How Do We Get There, and How Do We Live Like Jesus Until Then?  Each page is brief, and has Scripture and colorful illustrations. 

Some of the words are big vocabulary for a little one, but an index is included in the back of the book.  This is most definitely a book to read with your child, but isn't that the best way to read about God and Heaven?

And it looks like this is going to be a series called "The First Steps", so I'm really excited about that and can't wait to see what they come up with next!

My thanks to my friends at Tyndale Publishing for my sneak peek at this wonderful children's book.  I'm getting a copy for my grandchildren...and you should too!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: