Friday, February 6, 2009

My Beliefs

I am a believer in Jesus Christ and the God of the Bible. I seek to honor Him in all that I do, but am far from perfect. My goal is to introduce readers to Christian fiction and non-fiction books that will not just entertain, but that will also draw them into deeper relationships with Jesus.

If and when I review books from a general market publisher, I will base my recommendations on three things: 1) does the content of the book agree with Scripture, 2) does the author write well and is his/her message clear, 3) is the book worth the time invested to read it and the money invested in owning it.

I make no apologies for my faith in Christ, or for letting my readers know when a book does not line up with God's Word. I do apologize if I ever come across as haughty or prideful, and I am neither. But I will never apologize for standing for God's truth as found in the Bible.

This is not a place for theological debate; this is a place for information about books and to have fun spending time sharing about what we read. No time will be spent debating or arguing any point. We can agree to disagree and love one another well.

Please browse through the archives to learn more about what I believe and what I enjoy reading. I do reserve the right to close comments or delete anything that will not encourage or inform my readers.

All items posted here are the property of My Bookshelf and Deena Peterson and may not be reprinted without permission of the author.


Happy Reading!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jennifer Bogart said...

Amen sister, that's why I'm here :).

Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Hi. This is new to me, so would you please tell me the process for having my books reviewed. Thanks. Robert

Deena Peterson said...

Robert, email me and we can discuss: thedeena63 @ hotmail . com