Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Dragon and the Turtle Go On Safari by Donita K. Paul and Evangeline Denmark with Vincent Nguyen



I'm so thankful for grandchildren...they give me the best excuse to enjoy some of the most delightful children's books! Donita K. Paul has proven herself to be a master storyteller in the world of Christian fantasy...and now in the world of books for children.

Her "The Dragon and The Turtle" series is fun, engaging, and filled with Biblical truth in a delightful package. Illustrations are rich and fanciful, filled with color and whimsy. Bravo to illustrator Vincent Nguyen!

Evangeline Denmark takes her love for turning bedtime stories into picture books and helps create these wonderful books along with Donita. This dynamic duo have crafted another keeper!

Padraig the dragon and his best friend Roger the turtle (don't you just LOVE those names!) go on a pretend safari as they camp outside. Snacks, the starry night sky and Mount Sillymanborrow accompany this duo on their adventure.

But when the darkness gets darker and the strange sounds begin to seem stranger, fear overtakes adventure. These two best pals are about to discover just how strong the bonds of friendship really are!

I loved this tale, and I just know my grandson will be delighted by these books as he grows (he's about to turn two...a little early for this one, but I'm saving it for him!).

But wait...there's MORE! Included at the end of the book is a bonus story from Roger, as well as a page to help engage your child in a discussion of the story and the themes of truth within the pages.

Nothing better than an interactive book packed with truth, I say! That's why "The Dragon and The Turtle Go on Safari" gets five out of five bookmarks from me, with a green flashlight as a charm. My thanks to my friends at Waterbrook Press for my copy!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark



Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: