Sunday, September 27, 2009

Things Left Unspoken by Eva Marie Everson



Eva Marie Everson is a multi-genre talent, but I believe she's found her niche in Southern fiction. I savored every drop of her new novel, and it was good to the last page!

Jo-Lynn Hunter has returned to Cottonwood, Georgia to bury her beloved Great-Uncle Jim--alone. Her choice to return without her husband Evan by her side is telling to the entire family.

When Aunt Stella approaches her with the idea of restoring 'the big house' to its former glory, Jo-Lynn feels as if she's got purpose again in her seemingly barren life. Her decision to stay doesn't set well with Evan, but for once, she doesn't much care.

Her career as an interior designer has her dreaming of possibilities, but has Jo-Lynn taken on a project, or has the project taken her on instead? Sometimes, there are "Things Left Unspoken" for good reason...and Jo-Lynn will find that out.

This is slow Southern literature at it's finest. I enjoyed Eva Marie Everson's story as much or even more than I have Charles Martin's writings, and he's at the top of my Southern lit list!

The story is slow-paced, like a character driven movie rather than action and adventure. Every time I pick up one of these stories, it makes me long for the roots, the legacy and the pace of living in the South.

I'm giving "Things Left Unspoken" five out of five bookmarks, with an old, dusty ledger as a charm. Don't miss out on one of the best reads of the year. In fact, I'm also voting it "Best Southern Literature of 2009."

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: