Sunday, December 28, 2008

Priorities....

Hello Reading Friends and Bloggy Buddies!

As we close out another year, I tend to become more reflective. Please excuse this ramble of mine...hopefully, you'll find something worth reading in it.

This has been a difficult year for the Peterson family. We've gone through some major changes, and some of them were not of our choosing. Still, God has blessed us in huge and tiny ways, and I thank Him and praise Him for everything...even the trials.

Each event in my life has changed and molded me into the woman He wants me to be. It's a process, and I know I'm not "there" yet...but I'm still on my way! He's been using all of you to refine and shape me...

...every prayer, every comment, every email...all were used to make me into a better and richer "me". I thank you all for everything.

I'm also reflecting on how I spend my time. This year alone, I joined Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Shelfari. I already was a member at MySpace, ShoutLife, LibraryThing and GoodReads.

With all of those consuming my time, it's a wonder I got any reading done!

Now, I don't tend to spend a lot of time at any one site, but when I add up my time, it's quite a bit. As a result, I've neglected some of the more important matters of life.

So, beginning January 1, 2009, I'm changing the way I spend my time, the way I start and end each day, and how I share with you on my blog. Hopefully, you'll come to see a new and better "me" in my reviews.

I plan on being quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger. I plan on wasting fewer words and doing my best to make every word count. I also plan on spending more time in His Word, and less in my own words.

With Israel at war, I can feel the clock ticking. I don't have a moment to waste. This year, I turn 46. Even if I lived to see 80, that means 1/2 of my life is spent. How well did I spend it?

In my opinion, not as well as I could have. But I'm my own worst critic! All I can do is pray that I spend the next half better, choosing not just the better things but the best things.

My goal is to blog a book a day...no more than that. I also hope to introduce you to some new authors, some great people in the publishing world, and some fantastic bloggers and friends.

I'm hoping "A Peek at My Bookshelf" becomes more than just a place for the latest review or book news...but more of a place for hanging out with friends and talking about what really matters...

...Jesus.

We can talk books and talk Jesus. That's so cool! But you'll find Jesus here, no matter what we're talking about. He's my Savior, my Life, and my Lord. I pray you can say the same.

If you'd like to talk more about Jesus and how to get to Heaven when this life is over, email me.

No matter what, I hope you stick around in 2009. Lots of great giveaways are planned (also--to those who won books in December: They are still in the process of being mailed off. Lack of funds and lack of time, plus LONG lines at the Post Office delayed the last few giveaways getting sent out. But I haven't forgotten you! Promise!), and some unique contests as well.

We're continuing with our Author of the Month features, and I have some great books lined up in fiction and non-fiction. I may even have a few surprises along the way!

Thanks for making "A Peek at My Bookshelf" successful. Without you, I'd be lonely and not having nearly as much fun. Do me a favor...tell a friend. And stay tuned...bookmark me!

Lots of love and hugs...here's to turning pages with you!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

P.S. Regular blogging begins again January 1, 2009. Tours are coming up soon as well! Happy New Year!

6 comments:

windycindy said...

Seasons's Greetings! What you have planned sounds fantastic to me. I hope you have a happy and healthy year in 2009. Cindi

Alyce said...

I totally understand prioritizing. I look forward to reading your blog in the new year!

Rel said...

Lovely thoughts, Deena, as usual :) I love who you are, what you do and how you reach out to others :) I'll be reading every post, don't doubt that!

Hugs from Down Under!

Kim said...

What a precious testimony Deena! I look forward to blogging with you in 2009 and sharing Jesus with everyone!!

Kim

kalea_kane said...

Happy New Year, Deena! I think you have made some very fine plans for this next half. :)

God bless you and yours,

Kelly :)

Anonymous said...

I always get reflective at this time of year, too. I'm hoping to get to write my thoughts on 2008 either today or tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Lord does through your blog in 2009! I plan to be here to see all the exciting things happening. God bless you!