Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Mile In My Flip Flops by Melody Carlson

Photobucket


Now, THIS is the kind of story I've come to expect from Melody Carlson! And it was bound to creep into a novel some time soon...HGTV and house flipping. What a unique and wonderful plot that works so well, and makes me glad I'm not a house flipper!

Gretchen Hanover has been dumped, leaving her with a household full of stuff in an apartment meant for one. Depressed and despondent, her affection for HGTV has convinced her she can find a house in need of some work and flip it (i.e., renovate).

With the help of her father's girlfriend, she's found a project...or it found her. Of course, her dad's critical eye sees more than she bargained for. Can she flip this house in six weeks and recoup her loan, or will she go under on this as well?

Enter craftsman Noah Campbell, single dad and willing helper. He sees the potential in the house, along with the potential in Gretchen. But she keeps pushing him away, afraid of the baggage and the responsibility that comes with getting involved with Noah.

So, with deadlines looming and pressure mounting, what will happen to Gretchen and her dog, Riley? You'll just have to pick up a copy of this fun, romantic novel and see for yourself! And let me warn you...Melody's books don't always end predictably...just one more reason I love her!

I'm giving "A Mile In My Flip Flops" five out of five bookmarks, thrilled to give this a painter's drop cloth as a charm. It's good to read a great Melody Carlson novel again!

Happy Reading!

Deena

No comments: