Monday, April 7, 2008

Kill Me If You Can by Nicole Young

Photobucket


Nicole Young's second release in the Patricia Amble Mystery series is a perfect example of why one should never give up on an author. While I wasn't as impressed by her first novel, "Love Me If You Must"...this one blew me away. The suspense is taut, the writing crisp and packed with emotion, and the storyline contains just enough twists and turns to keep you guessing until the final page.

Tish Amble ran. She ran from love, ran from her past, and ran from the possibility of happiness. Question is, will she ever find what she seems to be running to?

Tish has returned to her childhood home. Planning to renovate the old cabin she spent her childhood years in, Tish also hopes to find some answers to old questions that have haunted her from her childhood. What she finds is one of the most dysfunctional families she has ever met.

Memories are triggered for Tish as she meets old acquaintances and family she was raised with, then suddenly snatched away from. Can she finally put to rest the things that have tormented her and kept her from finding true peace? Why did her mother commit suicide? What ever happened to her father? And why did her grandmother have such hatred for her, even up until her death?

Also dogging Tish's heels is the love she left behind to return to the place where love seemed to be snuffed out in her young life. What will become of her relationship with Brad? Can it survive the distance, the secrets...who Tish discovers she really is?

Nicole has written a suspenseful and mysterious novel filled with longing and tinged with hope. Tish worms her way into your heart and you love her, not as the young woman she is today, but as the young girl she once was before tragedy took all she had.

My only complaint is...the cliff-hanger! Oh, if I'd known she was going to leave me hanging again...I'd have waited for the third installment! Oh, who am I kidding...I couldn't WAIT to dive into this story, hoping for the resolution that I missed in the first novel.

Did I get it? Yes, and no. But I'm eagerly awaiting what happens to Tish next in "Kiss Me If You Dare". I'm giving "Kill Me If You Can" five out of five bookmarks, with a black box as a charm...what's in the box, you ask?

You'll just have to read the book....bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Happy Reading!

Deena

1 comment:

Rel said...

Great review, Deena. I am hoping my copy is winging its way to me as I type!!