Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sisters, Ink by Rebeca Seitz






In the words of Britney Spears...Oops! I've done it again! I've gone and added a new author to my "Gotta Read It" list.

This is another of my PReview reviews; I'm midway through the book and I'm already in love with the sisters, the concept...and the story's message. I love it so much...I just might have to learn how to scrapbook!

Sisters, Ink is a series about four sisters...all adopted, all from different backgrounds, and all merged into one family filled with love and faith (hmmm, sense a spiritual theme, anyone?!?).

The first release in this debut series is titled, "Sisters, Ink", and is Tandy Sinclair's story. When her adoptive mother passes away and her boyfriend Clay passes on their future, Tandy decides to pass on through the tiny town she was raised in.

Set up as a high profile lawyer in Orlando, Florida, a crisis of conscience at her law firm causes her to take two months of forced vacation to "rethink" some things. And what better place to think than the tiny town of Stars Hill, Tennessee? And who better to soul search with than her sisters: Kendra, Meg, and Joy?

Well, once Tandy returns home and learns that a certain someone has ALSO returned home and opened a cafe in downtown Stars Hill...she begins to wonder if there WAS a better place to run to.

But God has a way of knowing just what we need, just when we need it. Question is, what plan does the Father have for these sisters, and does Tandy's portion involve change beyond her comfort level?

With the celebration of family, the fun of scrapbooking, and the message of forgiveness and letting go, Rebeca Seitz has created my kind of "chick-lit". But this is more like "hobby-lit", a new genre I just made up:-) I'd love to see more novels in this series and along this concept of merging hobby/culture with God's message.

Rebeca's characters have that ability to come to life off the page and to work their way into my heart. These are the kinds of women I love to bond with and minister with...and let my hair down with over coffee and Joy's waffles! (I sense a recipe spin off coming, Rebeca...I'm just sayin'!)

And while the story has elements of romance, the story never drifts off into fairytale land, but stays grounded in reality and is well worth passing on to a single female friend or two, especially those who are career driven and relationship poor.

From here on out, when a book releases with Rebeca Seitz' name on it, I'm there! Pick up a copy of "Sisters, Ink" and you'll see why. For now, I'm giving it five out of five bookmarks with a tiny whole punch in the shape of four sisters.

I may be back to add more detail, but I do believe my job here is DONE. So get out there and get this book...and I'll meet you at the scrapbooking table:-)

Happy Reading!

Deena

P.S. Be watching for my interview (fingers crossed) with author Rebeca Seitz, coming soon...and maybe even a giveaway! Oh, yeah! That's me, just bloggin' and givin' away books...

4 comments:

Kim said...

Deena,
This review really makes me excited! I'll be reading this soon, and now I can't wait! Thanks for the GREAT review!

Kim
berlysue dot blogspot dot com

ReviewsbyHeidi said...

I just happened upon your blog while browsing for a picture of Sisters, Ink. to post on my blog's sidebar (I, too, am reviewing this book).
I appreciated reading your thoughts on the book~ I've only read chapter one so far, but I can tell I'm going to like it!
I need to check out your daughter's blog~ I have a teenager who might appreciate her reviews.
Visit me at http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/ReviewsbyHeidi

Amy said...

I loved this book, too, I especially loved the concept of the sisters all being from different backgrounds, but being just like real sisters. I can't wait to read the rest. (do you know if there will be four?)

Anonymous said...

Great Review! Well written and quite descriptive as well.. If any item or topic comes out then you should be the one releasing it to the public and make it known! The way you describe it is very intriguing and feels like candy to my ears, if that really makes any sense :) but you catch my drift.. In one of my classes, we were given a paper with instructions of how to build a swan made of aluminum foil and we had to explain to our group verbally how to construct the swan.. It was difficult! But, manageable and we came second in place, but it was tasky :) Nevertheless if you post anything else up I will most definitely check it out! Great review!