Friday, January 11, 2008

As Promised, an Exclusive Interview with author Rebeca Seitz!






Now, if you read my review, you KNOW I love this novel! But now, here's an opportunity to find out why I love the author as well! Rebeca Seitz is an author, a publicity agent (she founded Glass Roads PR), and she also hosts segments on DeeperLivingTV (which always totally ROCK). She's one busy lady, but she took time out to answer a few wacky questions from me.

So, without further delay, may I introduce to you Rebeca Seitz, author of "Sisters, Ink"!

1) Four adopted sisters is a unique concept for a novel, and I love it. What sparked the idea to have all four adopted?

I knew a family when I lived in Orlando years ago that was made up of children from various ethnic backgrounds – two birth children and the rest adopted. I loved that family – they operated from a sense of love and honesty. They weren’t perfect, of course, but they truly cared about each other. Watching them made me see how God meant for the family unit to work. I wanted others to see that as well.

2) This is obviously Tandy's story. Will we get to read the stories of Joy, Kendra and Meg? Any sneak treats...I mean, peeks?

Ha ha! Yep! Coming Unglued, which is Kendra’s story, comes out in August of this year. Scrapping Plans, which is Joy’s story, comes out in March of next year. And the fourth title is Meg’s story – that one will be Fall 2009. A lot of the issues alluded to in Sisters, Ink for Kendra come to the surface in Coming Unglued. I’m really excited about that novel releasing because (here’s the sneak treat!) it’s going to allow Christian women to talk about that issue we’re not supposed to discuss – adultery.

3) Scrapbooking is a huge thing these days, and many of my friends are into it. Do you personally do scrapbooking?

Oh, yes! I’ve been a scrapper for over a decade. My sister got me hooked on it back in high school and I immediately fell in love with this creative way to capture the story of a life. You’re right – it’s a HUGE industry. There are over 33 million scrapbookers in America alone and they spend $4 billion per year on the hobby!

4) Why do you think scrapbooking is such a popular hobby or crafty pursuit?

I think it’s two-fold: First, scrappers can get together and chat while they’re scrapping. That satisfies our need to have friendships with women, even while accomplishing a task – multi-tasking! Second, and one of my main reasons for scrapping, is the ability to capture your family’s story. That’s important to me because I can look back and see how God is faithful in our lives, view the creative path He weaves for us, and thank Him for His goodness.

5) Often authors put pieces of themselves into their characters. Who has the most of you in them; Meg, Kendra, Tandy, or Joy? And what is it about you that we find in her or them?

Oh, wow. That’s hard! Hmm, I think Tandy has the most of my former self in her. I’ve changed a lot since getting married and having a kiddo, so I can’t say I have a ton in common with her today. But I do know where she’s coming from because I was once in that place of being emotionally numb due to personal loss. Meg and Joy have very, very little of me in them. I do share a passion for life with Kendra, though.

6) Okay, I wouldn't be a woman if I didn't ask you this question: milk, dark, white, or ANY chocolate?

Milk!! I tried for a long time to love dark chocolate because I know it’s healthier for us, but I just couldn’t do it.

7) You are a very busy lady in addition to being an author. Is "Sisters, Ink" your first novel?

My first novel was Prints Charming, which released Spring 2007 from Thomas Nelson. Now that character (Jane) I had a TON in common with!

8) Where can my readers go to learn more about "Sisters, Ink"?

Please check out www.sistersink.net! It’s a place to learn more about scrapping and scrappers in your area so that you can scrap together. There’s also a way to let me know what you thought about the story – and I’d LOVE to hear your comments!

So, what are you waiting for?? Get out there and buy the book, and check out the website, and chat with Rebeca, and long for "Coming Unglued" like I'm going to do now...be careful what you ask, Deena...always be careful **sigh** LOL!!
Happy Reading!

Deena

No comments: