Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Scent by Clint Kelly

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I read a lot. My favorite genre is suspense. The grittier the better.

But I must say, "Scent" by Clint Kelly shocked me. And even frightened me a little.

IT ROCKED BIG TIME!!!

I also love a unique concept and Clint Kelly has topped expectations with his "Sensations" series. Naturally, "Scent" deals with the sensation of smell.

Cassie and Nick Dixon are perfumers. On the hunt for that one, "magical" scent, Nick journeys to the New Guinea rainforest searching for an orchid to save their struggling business. Cassie, meanwhile, struggles to keep their reputation solvent and their family intact.

Daughter Beth feels neglected as the new perfume becomes the new baby of the family. As Nick and Cassie succeed in finding that elusive winning fragrance, they appear on top of the perfume world.

But their new fragrance, "Cassandra", holds a deadly secret, and when it is unleashed...well, let's just say I got creeped out--big time!

"Scent" grabs hold and doesn't let up until the very end. Who wants to destroy the Azure World line badly enough to commit murder? Is Nick looking to reconnect with Brenda deBrieze? And what will happen when the truth about "Cassandra" surfaces...WILL it surface in time??

Edge of your seat reading, my dear friends...be warned. "Scent" gets five out of five bookmarks from me, with a tiny bottle of Love's Baby Soft as a charm...the ONLY safe fragrance, in my book:-) (That's a JOKE, people...although, after reading this story...maybe it's NOT!!)

Just a note: Book Two is out, called "Echo" and it deals with the sense of hearing...

Happy Reading!

Deena

2 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds like a good book.

CeeCee said...

Wow! I was wondering about this book for awhile now. Thanks for the awesome review! Boy, my poor TBR pile.

If you like suspense, I'm giving away a suspense this week. Come on over to enter!

I would enter your giveaway this week but I have the book on my towering TBR.