Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter and the Favorite Moments Meme, Question Three...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This is SO much fun! My son and I are watching all of the Harry Potter movies in preparation to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix...and my husband found the soundtrack for Sorcerer's Stone...so I'm soaking in the ambience!!

Thanks for your participation...and tell your friends!

On to question three...J. K. Rowling has given us so many magical creatures through her writing. Some we've encountered before, such as the unicorn...others are inventions of Jo's.

So, let's chat about our favorite magical creatures, shall we?? Feel free to name more than one. And while we're at it, which animal would YOU have brought to Hogwarts??

For me, I can't get over the blast-ended skrewts. They are SUCH a hoot! Not that I would want one for a pet, but the creativity it takes to invent something like that is amazing to me. I also adored Hedwig *sob*...one of my favorite scenes from the movie is in Sorcerer's Stone, when Harry walks into the Hogwarts courtyard with Hedwig on his arm and a huge smile on his face. What a gorgeous creature!

I would have to have an owl. That's all there is to it! A snowy, white owl with brown and tan markings, named Hollyhocks...she'd give ol' Errol a run for his feathers, she would! And she'd be SO strong...in order to carry all the books she'd be bringing me at Hogwarts!!

Your turn!

Happy Reading!

Deena

5 comments:

Deborah said...

i would have brought an owl too. what good would a toad have done? did trevor do anything at all for neville???? i mean owls could send messages, bring you back stuff, ruddy useful birds.

as for creatures..do house elves count? or not? if not i like...oh i can't remember the name..the gophers that went after the gold. would have been quite useful.

TaunaLen said...

I too love Hedwig with the playful little nips and such -- and I agree that my owl would have to be huge and strong. I'd name her Taima. But Dobby the house-elf is my favoritest of all.

~TaunaLen

TaunaLen said...

Huge and strong for all the books.... My mailman is developing his muscles delivering all the books I've ordered lately.

~TaunaLen

(sorry for the double comment, but I couldn't resist explaining a bit more.)

Anonymous said...

I left my answer here:
http://apatchworkofbooks.blogspot.com/2007/07/hp-question-3.html

Thanks Deena!

soleil said...

http://jehara.blogspot.com/2007/07/question-3.html

i'm really having fun with this meme. thanks!