Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Dollar Short & A Day Late for the Spring Reading Thing Wrap-Up!!

I was getting ready for my vacation getaway and didn't have internet access while we were gone, so I'm a week late on this post. But I have to share my scintillating thoughts on the Spring Reading Thing:

What was the best book you read this spring?

This was tough, but I'd have to say "In Search of Eden" by Linda Nichols. To know why, you'll have to read my review here.

What book could you have done without?

It's a tie between "The Gospel According to Starbucks" by Leonard Sweet and "The Art of Standing Still" by Penny Culliford. Go here and here to see why.

Did you try out a new author this spring? If so, which one, and will you be reading that author again?

I discovered Jo Kadlecek, and I just picked up a copy of one of her earlier novels, and can't wait for book two in her new series! To know why, click here.

If there were books you didn't finish, tell us why. Did you run out of time? Realize these books weren't worth it?

I finished my list, but I didn't finish two books...they weren't worth it.

Did you come across a book or two on another participant's list that you're planning on adding to your to be read list?

I stumbled upon Jodi Picoult and tried her out...not bad. And I joined Christian Fiction Bloggers Alliance because I saw the link on someone's blog, so now I have oodles to read!

What did you learn--about anything--through this challenge?

I learned that I don't like reading non-fiction unless I'm in a particular mood, so I probably won't pick any for next time. I also learned that I need to be true to myself, and not pick books that won't "upset" people...I don't just read Christian fiction, but I hesitated on picking some of my favorite cozy mystery authors.

What was the best part of the Spring Reading Thing?

Meeting so many other readers! It was comforting to know that others have towering TBR shelves, and they go out and buy more books as well:-)

Would you be interested in participating in another reading challenge this fall?

Ummm...do fish swim?? Of course I would (and yes, fish swim, unless they've gone to fishy heaven--which I wouldn't want to go to, 'cause of the fishy smell...of course, if it's heaven, can it be smelly? Even if it's fishy heaven?? But, I digress again....)

Any other thoughts, comments....??

THANK YOU KATRINA FOR AN AMAZING JOB WITH THIS HUGE UNDERTAKING!! YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!
How was that?!?

Happy Reading!

Deena

4 comments:

TaunaLen said...

I am so glad you posted this! I've been waiting to see your wrap up. I hope you had a great weekend, and now I'm going to go curl up in a chair and start HP #2 - Chamber of Secrets!

~TaunaLen

Barbara H. said...

I am the same way with non-fiction -- even when I really, really want the knowledge in the book.

My wrap up is here.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Denise said...

I am glad you enjoyed the challenge.

Nise' said...

You do know don't you that it is all your fault that my TBR list keeps getting longer and longer and longer! LOL!!