Friday, May 11, 2007

Sanity Savers by Dr. Dale Vicky Atkins

When I have the opportunity to review a book, 9 times out of 10 I'll take the chance. It's hard for me to refuse a new book, especially one designed to make my life less stressful and more enjoyable.

"Sanity Savers" is designed to do just that. A volume of helpful tips for women on relationships, weight issues, time issues, and a wide variety of other topics, it is perfect for women who are on the go.

Broken down into a daily diet of helpfulness, you can read "Sanity Savers" two different ways. It can be incorporated into a daily regimen of health and well-being, read alongside your daily devotional book or Bible reading (which I would highly recommend). Or, you can browse the headings, finding a sanity saver for the current situation you find yourself dealing with.

Each entry is no more than two pages; most are a page and a half. There are helpful points to ponder in each one: for instance, a healthy self-image encourages you to 1) Focus on your strengths; 2) Trust your inner voice; 3) Choose who you spend time with; 4) Decide for yourself who you are.

Bite-sized and packed with information to consider, this purse sized volume suits me just fine. I encourage you to check it out, and see just how much sanity this book can save you. As a believer, I also encourage you to read it WITH your daily devotional or Bible reading...always bouncing it off of God's Word...our true source of wisdom.

"Sanity Savers" gets four bookmarks from me...and a daisy tassel charm...the cover just makes you feel better looking in it...and reading it gives you even more!

Happy Reading!

Deena

No comments: