Friday, May 11, 2007

Queen of the Castle by Lynn Bowen Walker

Some books I just cannot resist. I love bite sized nuggets of wisdom, lots of sidebar facts and quotes, and a creative layout.

I have it all in "Queen of the Castle" by Lynn Bowen Walker!

Touted as 52 weeks of encouragement for the uninspired, domestically challenged or just plain tired homemaker...that's me! The book is broken down by month and is laid out in 52 week readings, with each section covering a different topic related to homemaking.

Each section has a devotional/anecdotal reading, a new word (with an alternate word in case the first one breaks down!!), lots of facts, a few quotations, and some practical advice.

Some have recipes, some have quizzes, some have fun facts...but they ALL close with Scripture and a prayer. I love that!

This is a fun book, and would be perfect for Mother's Day, for a wedding gift, or for a new mom. This book is witty, wise, and I've heard it's perfect bathroom/bathtub reading:-) For women who don't have a lot of time to read, or have distractions when they do read, it's great...there's so much to view, you can pick it up and begin anywhere.

"Queen of the Castle" gets a full five bookmarks from me...if I didn't already own a copy, I'd sweet talk my husband into buying it for me!!

Happy Reading!

Deena

No comments: