Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thankful Thursday--From The Bookshelf!




Today, I'm inviting my friends to The Bookshelf for my Thankful Thursday post...so take your time, look around, and feel free to leave a comment here or somewhere else...

1) I'm thankful for Frank Peretti, the writer who broke open the Christian fiction market for all the authors who came after him.

2) I'm thankful for Janette Oke and authors like her, for their dedication to writing clean and inspirational fiction for many, many years.

3) I'm thankful for Harvest House, Bethany, Mulnomah, NavPress, Word, Thomas Nelson, Waterbrook Press, Howard Books, and all the other wonderful publishing houses who continue to bring us quality Christian fiction and non-fiction to feed the flock.

4) I'm thankful for all of my favorite suspense and mystery authors---you've all brought a lot of joy to me and to my mom, now home with Jesus.

5) I'm thankful for all of my favorite chick-lit authors---for writing clean and fun novels that eliminate the "ick" factor and allow enjoyable reading that inspires and encourages.

6) I'm thankful for bookmarks that keep my place in the many books I'm reading at one time...no dog-eared corners or creased spines for this gal!

7) I'm thankful for websites like Paperback Swap and Booksprice, helping avid readers save a little money now and then.

8) I'm thankful for my local library branch and all the librarians and volunteers who circulate good Christian books amid the other stuff.

9) I'm thankful for my cozy mystery authors, who, while they may not write in the Christian genre, they too eliminate the "ick" factor from their novels.

10) I'm thankful for the teachers who taught me how to read...what a gift you gave this girl!

11) I'm thankful for parents who always bought me books, and rarely if ever complained about the expense...but DID complain about my nose always being buried in a book!

12) I'm thankful for my husband, who encourages me to write and to attempt to get published...one day, I just might do it:-)

13) I'm thankful for my blog readers and friends, who care about what I have to share and who leave comments on my reviews...and it always excites me to see an author's comment now and again.

So, there you have it....are YOU thankful today?? Stop by and visit Iris at Sting My Heart to read more thankful posts.

Happy Reading!

Deena

8 comments:

Sharon said...

We have a house full of books! My husband and I both love to read.

I'm with you about no dog-ears or broken spines! My pet-peeve. When I get a book from the library that has dog-ears, I always straighten them back out. ;-)

I really enjoyed your thankful list from your bookshelf.

Have a blessed day!

Crystal said...

What a great thankful post...I love books...Thanks for sharing and taking the time to stop by my blog!
Blessings

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for books as well. I just finished the Love Comes Softly Series. I am thankful for Janette Oke too!

Ms. Kathleen said...

AWESOME! I did something like this awhile ago...I love paperbackswap. I have saved so much money. Thanks for sharing! Love the chick-lit without the 'ick'! Ha!

Nise' said...

I wonder how many of us (around our age) would say that Frank Peretti was one of the first christian fiction they read. I know it would be mine with This Present Darkness, scared the socks of me at the time! Loved it.

Amy said...

It's good to meet another bookworm! I couldn't do without my Christian books :-)

Denise said...

Great thankful list, I love books.

eph2810 said...

I have some favorite authors too :) - one is Bill Myers and the other is Randy Alcorn...but then again I like to read anything clean :)

I like the bookmarks too, don't like it when I have dog-ears in my books and give it to someone to read...

Thank you for sharing your thankfulness with us this week--and you might never know what God has in mind for your writing career :)

Be blessed today and always.