Monday, April 9, 2007

A Shameless Plug for Books!

Ever see a book but not know if it's one you'd like?

I found an inexpensive way to "sample" books before I buy, and it has led me to some great reads!

1) Go to http://www.zondervan.com and sign up for the Breakfast Club! You'll receive 5 daily snippets from a new release or a current release in both Christian non-fiction and fiction (not at the same time, but they sample both kinds of books).

2) Check out Yahoo's Chapter A Week Group! They send you complete first chapters of Christian fiction titles, some new and some old favorites that you might have missed.
Go to groups.yahoo.com/group/ChapteraWeek

3) Christian Authors Network also sends out snippets of books. They operate much like The Breakfast Club, but offer different books.
Go to www.christianauthorsnetwork.com and click on book club...hang around, explore their site...it's fun!

So, there you have it. Three of my trade reading secrets. Enjoy! And stop back by and let me know what you think!

Happy Reading!

Deena

P.S. MizB reminded me of Shelf Life by Thomas Nelson...go to
http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/dept.asp?dept_id=1117945 for this one!

2 comments:

MizB said...

I "belong" to the last two listed, and love "previewing" books that way. ;o)

I should also metion ThomasNelson's (publisher) "ShelfLife" feature... same thing as Yahoo's Chapter-a-Week thing, really. You can preview different Christian books.

<>< Mizbooks

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so great!! I am always looking for ways to preview books and belong to several groups like this, however none previewing Christian fiction, which is really what I want! Thanks so much!