Monday, April 9, 2007

A New Meme for Monday!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The theme for this meme (Hey, that rhymed!) is "My Favorite Things"...if you wanna play, click on the picture for the original post and Mr. Linky.

My Favorite Authors--in random order

1) Beth Moore---well, DUH!!

2) Randy Alcorn---his writings on heaven just bless my socks off and correct my theology.

3) Terri Blackstock---her suspense always points to Jesus and her dedications are always to Him.

4) Charles Martin & Denise Hildreth---their slow, southern style of writing is fast becoming my favorite lazy summertime read.

5) The Chick-lits (Colleen Coble, Diann Hunt, Kristen Billerbeck, Rachel Hauck, Sally John, Trish Perry, Elizabeth White, Tamera Leigh, Annie Jones, Julie Carobini, and oh, so many more!)---fun Christian fiction that brings out the "chick" in you is just good, clean fun God's way.

6) Neta Jackson---her Yada Yada Prayer Group series inspired me to begin my own group of prayer warrior women.

7) Brandilyn Collins---the Seat-belt suspense queen!

8) Sharon Hinck---wish she'd stop reading my journal and peeking in my window (that's a JOKE, people....but her books read like my life, and I love her for it).

9) Randy Singer---he can make a courtroom drama so fast paced you get wind burn from flipping the pages.

10) Susan Meissner---slap her name on it and it goes on my shelf!

11) Rene Gutteridge---her Boo series blessed me and my mom, and her Occupational Hazards is just as good, if not better!

12) Mindy Starnes Clark---she had me hooked with her Million Dollar Mysteries, and reeled me in with Jo Tulip and company.

13) My gruesome threesome (Robert Liparulo, Tim Downs, and Robin Parrish)---these guys know how to keep a girl on the edge of her seat!

14) Dee Henderson---made me wish I was an orphan so I could become an "O'Malley"...well, not really, but you know what I mean:-)

15)

So, there you have it, and I KNOW I left someone off the list...I apologize, really I do...as soon as I post this I know I'll think of someone's book that I adore and will weep for the pain I've caused. But when I think of favorites, these are the authors who come immediately to mind.

Like Robert Whitlow, Frank Peretti, Lori Wick,Jill Elizabeth Nelson,.....I could go on for days.

But I won't. I'm Stopping Now. Right Now.

Oh, did I mention Christy Barritt, Melody Carlson, Kristen Heitzmann, and Siri Mitchell??

Oh, ENOUGH ALREADY...I need to go read a book....

Happy Reading!

Deena

6 comments:

Nise' said...

Love it! I did a no brainer one since my brain was taxed on Marriage Monday. Check it out here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all of your book suggestions Deena! I'm definitely checking out Meissner and Mitchell, the others I wasn't familiar with but I'm now looking into. I have a ton on reserve at the library, so hopefully those will start flowing in and I can fill up those spaces!

Randi said...

I am going to have to write some of these authors down. Great list!

I am reading Believing God by Beth Moore right now and I love it. I am only 4 chapters into it and I have learned a lot so far. She is a wonderful and inspiring writer!

Randi

http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/randi/

Delete said...

Great list Deena! I thought this was a really fun meme to participate in.

Have a great day!

Rel said...

Deena - great list! Just ust add Tamara Leigh,Siri Mitchell, Donna Fleisher, W Dale Cramer, Tom Morrisey....and I could go on too :) You simply must read Summer of Light by Dale Cramer. I think you would get a real kick out of it! If you subscribe to TitleTrakk.com you should see my review soon otherwise it will be on my blog in a week or two!

Anonymous said...

What a great list. I have so much reading to catch up on--thanks for some suggestions! XO, Jill