Monday, April 2, 2007

Freefall by Kristen Heitzmann

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Kristen is such a sweetie. I was privileged to meet her several years ago and I still remember how genuine she was. Her heart is in her novels, and her days are in God's hands.

So it is ironic that "Freefall" deals with the idea of such a time as this. The story starts out with a young woman stumbling out of the Hanalei Mountains on Kauai into the yard of Nica Pierce. She has no memory of what has happened to her or of who she is.

Compounding the mystery is her companion, still severely injured and trapped under water, not knowing what has happened to the mystery woman. We aren't sure how they are connected, but we know they are.

Enter Cameron, also known as Kai...he's in investigator for insurance fraud (doncha just LOVE those guys) and Nica's brother. She calls him in to get to the bottom of this mystery.

This is a giant read--over 400 pages...but worth every word. We get glimpses of what is really going on, and it takes all 400 pages to unravel this giant, tangled mystery. The good news is we find out mystery woman's identity fairly quickly into the story. The bad news is all the pieces to this puzzle don't fall into place until around page 375...

I love Kristen's writing. As I said before, you can see her heart in what she writes. I think my favorite Kristen Heitzmann novel is still "Halos"...
but "Freefall" is a very close second choice. If you're in the mood for romantic suspense from the Islands this Spring, take "Freefall" along with you...this would be a great beachside read!

I give "Freefall" 4 bookmarks, and a bonus tassel...

Happy Reading!

Deena

3 comments:

Debi said...

Time to pull out that "someday" list again. Think I need to add this one...it sounds wonderful! Thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

I loved this book. =)

Robin said...

I have this book, but haven't had time to read it yet - soon!