Friday, January 26, 2007

Why My Reviews Are Different

I have been browsing through my past reviews (many were first posted on MySpace). I've noticed something that some of you might have picked up on.

I don't tell a whole lot about the book's content in my reviews.

Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but let me tell you how I feel. I don't like to read a review and feel like I've just read the Reader's Digest version of the novel. I like to be surprised by what I find within the pages of a great read.

But I DO like to know how a book makes someone feel...what they take away from the book. I also believe the shorter, the better...leaves more time for reading books instead of reviews.

So, if you really want to know what a book is about, email me...I'll be glad to share! But you won't find a lot of content here...just my recommendations for what is worth reading...and remember, this is just my humble opinion...

Thanks!
Deena
thedeena63@hotmail.com

No comments: