Thursday, January 25, 2007

Relentless by Robin Parrish

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


What do you get when you take Mission Impossible, mix it with X-Men, throw in some Matrix, and sprinkle it with Lord of the Rings?

You get Robin Parrish's novel, "Relentless". This is a wild, roller-coaster ride of a read that barely lets you get your breath before another twist comes up.

From page one till the end, it is fast past, character rich and totally believable. I read lots of reviews, and took a chance on this one...and I'm SO glad I did!

"Collin Boyd stepped off the Metro bus on his way to work, and across the street he saw himself strolling down the sidewalk." This is the opening line of "Relentless".

How does Collin become himself, yet someone else? Why would anyone do this to him? DID anyone do this, or is it a quirk of nature? What is real, and what is imagined?

At first blush, you might be tempted to think, "What, this is a Christian novel? Where's the Christian?" But wait, it is a tightly woven allegory of the classic good vs. evil battle, and it is a pager turner and a half.

This is part one of a trilogy, and you can be assured that book #2 is already on pre-order for me. Thankfully, it doesn't come out until summer of 2007...it will take me that long to recover from THIS ride before getting back on again for another!!

Get this book...you WON'T be sorry...

Deena

1 comment:

MizB said...

Deena -- I read this one as a review book for Bethany House last year, and yeah...it was TOTALLY awesome! Fantastic book!

I've even written to BethanyHouse and asked for them to send me book 2 ("Fearless") to review when it comes out this summer... and they said they will! Whoohoo! I cannot wait! :-D

<>< Mizbooks