Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Fall Together by Jennifer O'Neill

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I have to admit, it's been a long time since this has happened to me...but I was very disappointed in this book. I couldn't get past the first 6 chapters, but at least I hung in there for that long!

The book itself is a wonderful premise...a group of women who bond together in a small Southern town amidst change and tragedy.

It sounded wonderful on the back cover. The artwork was appealing. And it was a series...I love series...

But the characters seemed flat, the dialogue seemed stilted, and I just...well, I just didn't care what happened to anybody. When Emma (I think that was her name) was diagnosed with cancer, I didn't even blink...because it wasn't real.

So, this one is not a keeper. Which makes me sad, because I love Jennifer O'Neill, but I think she is a much better actress than an author.

Deena

1 comment:

Deborah said...

i agree with you about this book. i couldn't make it past chapter 6 either. i just couldn't get into the writing style. and i got confused a lot with the flashbacks. it always makes me sad when i can't finish a book i started.