Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Coffee Mom's Devotional by Celeste Palermo



Maybe it's because I'm a new grandma, and I'm watching our adopted daughter raising her son...but I seem to be drawn to devotionals for moms lately. Of course, it could also be because my youngest daughter is graduating from high school and I know I only have a few more years until I'm an empty-nester!

Celeste Palermo has crafted a delicious devotional that is rich in Biblical flavor. "The Coffee Mom's Devotional" is perfectly suited to moms of any age. Each section is brief, yet chocked full of helpful counsel on topics all moms need to know more about.

Like satisfaction, covered in "What Did SHE Order?" Or the topic of trust in "The Jitters". Each devotional is coffee themed, with a clever title, a clear message, and stopping points along the way.

Portions like Questions to Stir and Soul Sip Solutions make this book perfect for your own daily devotional time or for a mom's day out study. Places for personal reflection are included, with plenty of space to jot down your own thoughts.

My favorite parts are the quotes Celeste highlights in each passage, as well as the real life devotionals she includes, called Coffee Breaks. Each is a page written by a mom, with her own thoughts on life as a mother and a woman.

I truly loved and appreciated this devotional book. The packaging is gorgeous, and the writing is both inspirational and uplifting. I'm giving "The Coffee Break Devotional" five out of five bookmarks, with a stirring spoon as a charm.

Mother's Day has passed us by, but don't miss out on this perfect book...and your favorite coffee beverage!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Thanks for the review - I love coffee and devotionals - so might have to check this one out. I am actually thinking of getting it for a friend of mine who is going through a rough patch and loves coffee more than me!