Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Ryn (Eyes of E'veria) by Serena Chase





About the Book:

Centuries ago, an oracle foretold of the young woman who would defeat E'veria's most ancient enemy, the Cobelds. But after two centuries of relative peace, both the prophecy and the Cobelds have been relegated to lore--and only a few remain watchful for the promised Ryn.

Finally, a child is born who matches the oracle's description, but a Cobeld curse accompanies her birth. Led to believe they succeeded in killing the prophesied child, the Cobelds emerge from hiding with plans to overtake the Kingdom.

But the child survived.

Secreted away and called "Rose" for the first nineteen years of her life, Rynnaia E'veri has no idea of her true identity until a chance meeting with an injured knight reveals not only her parentage and true name, but the task assigned her by the oracle: discover the Remedy that will destroy the Cobelds' power.

Now, her time has come.

Offered the assistance of pirates, scribes, storytellers, a young woman who died centuries ago, and the knight who is quickly working his way into her heart, Rynnaia is fortified with friends. But if the Ryn is to complete her task, she must come to terms with not only who she is, but for whom she must be willing to die. For the kingdom's survival depends on her.

THE RYN begins an epic re-imagining of the classic Grimm fairy tale, Snow White & Rose Red, which concludes in Eyes of E'veria book two: THE REMEDY.

...but the Eyes of E'veria series is only beginning.

My Thoughts:

Epic.

Exquisite.

Sweeping.

Inspiring.

Destined.

Yeah, if I had to sum up the experience of reading "The Ryn (Eyes of E'veria)" by Serena Chase, those would be the words I'd choose.  I'm a bit late to discovering the magnificence of this fantasy series.

I'd seen reviews, and I'd purchased my Kindle copy.  But I had other books to read, other reviews to write, and fantasy isn't my genre of choice.  Honestly, I believe God had me delay, because there is no way on earth I'd be able to read "The Ryn" without knowing the sequel was already released!

The dialogue is crisp and witty.  The action is well paced and exhilarating.  The characters are well developed and beloved.  And the story...

...oh, the story!

"The Ryn" has earned a place among some of the greatest works of fantasy that our world has ever read.  Elements of Tolkien, Lewis, L'Engle, Rowling and so many others can be found within the pages of "The Ryn".

What makes this book destined to be a classic is the subtle but powerful allegory.  Readers will close the covers with a richer, deeper understanding of God, His Word, and His Son.  Sacrifice will have a richer, deeper meaning.  And the characters...oh, the characters!

Lady Rose and her company lift from the pages and remain in your heart long after you finish reading.  I truly cannot say enough about how swoony and glorious this book is.  I'm eager and ready to dive into the sequel...but I shall wait a bit.

I still need to digest this banquet of words and images that my imagination has feasted on for the last few hours.  Run, do not walk, to purchase a copy of "The Ryn (Eyes of E'veria)" as quickly as you can, then lose yourself in the pages of one of the most epic, exquisite, sweeping, inspiring and destined novels of our time.

Yeah, I said it.  And I'm so thankful Serena wrote it.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: