Saturday, August 24, 2013

I, Saul by Jerry B. Jenkins and James MacDonald







About the Book:

From one of the bestselling novelists of all time comes a unique international thriller that transports you from present-day Texas to a dank Roman dungeon in A.D. 67, through the dusty roads of Israel, and back again.
 
A modern-day seminary professor is drawn into a deadly race to save his best friend's life and priceless parchments from antiquities thieves, discovering a connection across the centuries with another who faced death for the sake of the truth. I, Saul will keep you riveted as it offers new insight into the fiery young days of Christianity when Saul of Tarsus vowed to put an end to the new sect, whatever the cost.
 
A fast-paced story filled with political intrigue, mystery, and rich detail, I, Saul is the thrilling tale of loyal friendships tested by life or death quests, two millennia apart, as only a master storyteller can tell it.

My Thoughts:

This is another book I was able to read via NetGalley, but had to hold my review until closer to the release.  I'm not a fan of historical fiction, but James and Jerry are two writers I enjoy reading so I decided to take a peek.

This is a completely unique take on a Biblical fiction novel.  The story is told by a college professor named Augustine, affectionately known by colleagues and friends as Auggie.  He finds himself in over his head with a recent trip to the Holy Land coming back to spark intrigue and danger in his life.

A frantic international phone call from a dear friend has Auggie jetting to the Middle East to unravel a puzzle that leads to an unknown destination.  At the heart of the conflict is the life of the Apostle Paul.  You will meet the author of over two thirds of our New Testament in a way you'll never seen him before.

Scripture will come to vivid life for you as you read this engaging and suspenseful story.  Ancient writings will fill in the little known facts about the early life of Saul, and the final days of Paul.  For Biblical scholars, this book is a treasure trove of detail.

For the suspense junkie, it's a thrill ride of epic proportions.  I enjoyed every moment spent in Auggie's and Paul's worlds, and found this collaboration to be a resounding success.  "I, Saul" is published by Worthy Publishing and is available in bookstores now.

I'm giving "I, Saul" four and a half stars and highly recommending this book.  My thanks to my friends at Worthy Publishing and NetGalley.com for my advance copy.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: