Friday, February 17, 2012

When The Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason



Lynette Eason is quickly becoming my 'go-to' author for suspense! I devoured her previous series, and after reading my copy of her newest novel, I know I'm in for another thrilling ride.

"When the Smoke Clears" is the first book in the 'Deadly Reunions' trilogy. Smokejumper and fire fighter Alexia Allen just survived an attempt on her life while on the job. Forced to take time off until the investigation is concluded, she takes advantage of an invitation to a high school reunion to get away from her troubles.

Ever notice how trouble sometimes follows you wherever you go? Someone wants Alexia dead and will stop at nothing to take her down. But why? What does she know...or WHO does she know, and who will be ruined if the truth comes out?

Detective Hunter Graham doesn't take threats to the people of his jurisdiction lightly. He's on the case and hunting for a killer and for clues about an arson fire, murder, and Hunter is determined to find out who wants to harm Alexia.

If they get to know one another better through it all...a bonus!

This book was packed with action and sprinkled with romance. A few times I just knew I had the mystery solved, only to have Lynette send a curve ball my way. And don't expect everything tied up in a nice neat package...oh, no...

...this one ends with a cliff-hanger to set us up for the second book...which can't come too soon for me! My thanks to Donna at Revell Publishing for my copy. "When the Smoke Clears" comes highly recommended. Fans of Dee Henderson, Brandilyn Collins and Terri Blackstock need to add a new author to the list of 'must reads'!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: