Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Megan's Secrets by Mike Cope



Too often we learn that a friend has a child who is mentally disabled and we immediately feel sorry for their situation. After reading Mike Cope's new book, I view those with disable children as doubly blessed.

"Megan's Secrets" tells the story of the Cope family and their daughter, Megan. Born mentally disabled, Megan's only spoken sentence was "I'm Megan!", which she announced many times and with great enthusiasm.

Mike devotes over half of the book sharing stories from life with Megan, and you can easily see how this life was abundant...and challenging! In later chapters, he relates the lessons learned raising Megan to life...anyone's life.

He shares stories of how Megan touched many, many lives in her own brief life...she went home to Jesus at the age of 10. Mike talks of great grief and great joy, and he wraps it all in great faith in the great God he now knows better through sharing in Megan's life.

Have tissues handy, and be prepared to exercise your smile muscles! "Megan's Secrets" is one of the best inspirational books to come across my path this year, and I am eager to make her acquaintance in eternity and to hear "I'm Megan!"...and all about the secrets she kept while here on earth.

My thanks to my friends at B&B Media for my copy of "Megan's Secrets...I'm giving this one four out of five bookmarks with a smiley face as a charm. "Megan's Secrets" is published by Leafwood Publishers and is available in bookstores everywhere.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark




Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: