Monday, June 27, 2011

False Witness by Randy Singer



Randy Singer is by far my all-time favorite author when it comes to legal drama. I've devoured every book he's written and I'm always scouring the internet for news on a new release. His stories beat John Grisham Every. Single. Time.

The irony is "False Witness" was the one book that just didn't thrill me. For some unknown reason, Randy has gone back and updated the earlier version, and may I just say...

WOW!

Clarke Shealy is a bounty hunter/repo man/opportunist...he'll do just about anything for money. Which means he's worked with some unsavory characters, and he's made a few enemies. Still, he's not a bad guy...just has mixed-up priorities.

All of that changes with one phone call. When the Chinese mob calls to say they have Clarke's wife and are holding her unless he delivers, Clarke resorts to anything in his bag of tricks to save her life.

What do the Chinese want? Nothing much...just an algorithm that unlocks anything and everything...like our missile defense systems, our banking systems...you know, the small stuff!

Clarke's job? Find the professor holding the algorithm and exchange him for his wife...simple, right? Now, nothing is EVER simple in a Randy Singer novel! Twists and turns abound plenty in this new version.

The nice thing about the new book is the logic...sometimes I felt I had to leap to conclusions that just weren't there before...but now everything makes sense. HOWEVER...that doesn't mean you see it all coming.

Be prepared to have your socks blown off and then put back on again...and once again, if you're a fan, you'll be scratching your head and asking "How DOES he come up with this stuff?!"

My thanks to my friends at Tyndale and to Audra at B&B Media for my copy. I'm once again giving Randy's novel five out of five bookmarks and high recommendation to any fan of legal drama and intrigue!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark







Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: