Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cooking with Grace by Point of Grace (with Julie Adkison)



I love cookbooks! I'm always on the hunt for a new one, and I use two criteria to decide which one to buy. First, are the recipes easy for me to use (i.e., do they use regular ingredients and regular pots and pans). Second, is the cookbook unique or does the book have something special about it?

In the case of "Cooking with Grace", the answers are 'yes' and 'yes'! Each recipe, while not brief on ingredients, does use real, everyday food. No shopping at specialty stores for these talented women!

Plus, the recipes are personal favorites of each member of the group 'Point of Grace', as well as some interesting history behind each recipe. So, as well as some good eatin', you'll find some good readin' as well!

The book is beautifully packaged, and yet value priced. Included are stories from each woman in the group, photographs, and a few inspirational quotes sprinkled throughout the cookbook.

As you'd expect, this cookbook is divided up into categories, such as soups, salads, casseroles, side dishes, meats...and an entire section devoted to Mexican food recipes. Each introductory page has a brief index of recipes included in that particular section, all with pages listed.

But wait...there's more! We have breakfast recipes, and can't forget about dessert! How about 'Jojo's Hot Fudge Sundae Cake'? Or a surprise treat...'Amy Grant's Pot Roast'? Sound good to you? It does to me!

Overall, I was very pleased with this cookbook. A perfect gift for any fan of 'Point of Grace', extremely excellent gift for a bride-to-be at her wedding shower, or just perfect for Christmas for your favorite cook, "Cooking with Grace" receives high marks from me.

I'm giving it four out of five bookmarks, with a set of measuring spoons as charms. My only wish is for a few 'five ingredient' recipes for this mom on the go. My thanks to C.J. and Tracy at Titletrakk.com for giving me the chance to review this one!

Happy Reading!


Photobucket


Share/Save/Bookmark



Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Charlene Amsden said...

Yum! this sounds like a tasty read! I love cookbooks, too. When I get in a "cooking" mood I always look for something new to try.

Sorry I went missing. Google reader hasn't been forwarding your posts. I think I have the glitch straightened out. I'll be back!