Monday, March 15, 2010

Double Trouble by Susan May Warren



I've yet to read a novel written by Susan May Warren that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. She writes with wit, humor, tension, and heart. Her characters literally walk off the pages into your imagination, feeling like old friends.

However, my favorite character keeps changing with every new series! PJ Sugar is her best creation yet. Complicated, a little wacky, and earnestly seeking to just get it all right, PJ is my kind of gal-pal!

In "Double Trouble", even PJ's best efforts result in chaos. Her sister Connie just wants her Russian father-in-law to find a job...enter PJ. But the job isn't what it seems, and Boris ends up in hot water, ala PJ.

Jeremy does his best to give his apprentice private investigator a chance to prove herself...but going under cover, posing as a witness in a high profile and dangerous case seems to be more than PJ can handle, itchy wig being the easiest part of the job!

And Boone just wants to marry PJ...which PJ wants as well. She's loved him since forever...so why can't she give him an answer? What fears still hold PJ hostage....and who threw her in that trunk?

And does tattoo ink ever come off?

These are some of the burning questions you'll find in this humor-laced suspense novel, courtesy of Susan May Warren and Tyndale (my thanks to Tyndale for my fun-filled copy!). Will PJ ever learn that we never truly get it all right down here on this planet, and that we all need to rely on God for wisdom?

I love the flawed heroines Susan creates...and PJ is one I can truly identify with. She's fun, but she doesn't know it. She's creative, but she feels fumbling. And she's loyal, although she feels flaky.

I adore her, and I can't wait for the next novel in the PJ Sugar series, "Licensed For Trouble". In the meantime, I'm giving "Double Trouble" five out of five bookmarks, with a stuffed ferret as a charm...I'm certain PJ would agree with me that a stuffed one is a safe one!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Nise' said...

I agree, I have loved every one of Susan's books.