Monday, February 22, 2010

So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore



I can't imagine ever giving a book written by Beth Moore a poor rating! She's a woman who does her homework and walks the journey long before bringing it to us, and she's done so again in her latest book. I think it's a journey we've all been on at some point in our lives.

"So Long, Insecurity: You've Not Been a Good Friend To Us" is about: SURPRISE!--our insecurities. It's about time we admitted to them and asked for healing, don't you think? And isn't it comforting to know we all have them, of one shade or another?

I'm battling some monster-sized ones right now, and this book was perfect timing. Beth discusses her own battles with feeling secure, and references Scripture expertly as she walks along on this journey with us.

This book is unique, and I found the change refreshing. Beth used the blog to help with the material in the book. She and her daughters write a blog at Living Proof Ministries and Beth posted survey questions on this topic to her readers.

Some of the questions were for her female audience; some were for the men in our lives to respond to. Included in the text of the book were some of our answers, and boy, were we honest! I loved it because not only did Beth get me, but so did you!

Sometimes the first step to healing is knowing we aren't alone in our struggle. Then, having the courage to admit we have more issues than People magazine helps as well. Beth gives us the best tools to unwind our insecure souls: Scripture and prayer.

I enjoyed my journey through this book, and I think you will as well. You won't find a ton of Biblical application, but you'll find just enough. This book is more sharing a journey than a theological exploration. And I find I enjoy these books by Beth the most.

I'm giving "So Long, Insecurity" five out of five bookmarks, with an Ebenezer as a charm....now, for THAT, you'll have to do some Biblical exploration! Enjoy the journey!


Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: