Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thicker Than Blood by C.J. Darlington



I receive many joys from reviewing books. One that is a real rush for me is getting sneak peeks into books destined to be best sellers. I was honored with an early read of C.J. Darlington's entry into the Christian Writer's Guild first novel contest.

"Thicker Than Blood" was the winner for 2009, and from the first chapter I knew C.J. had penned a winning story. Christy Williams has spent the past fifteen years running. Now she's trying to get her life together and be a successful antiquarian book buyer.

But when a first edition book ends up planted in her car, framing her for a crime she didn't commit, will the truth of her real crimes cost her everything she's worked for?

After a tragic event robs Christy of her safety, she runs to her younger sister, May...the sister she abandoned without a word after their parents' untimely death. Will May have a heart of forgiveness toward her older sister, or condemn her, just as Christy condemns herself?

Filled with unique flavor and genuine relationships, "Thicker Than Blood" is guaranteed to strike a chord in your heart. I have two daughters myself: one who is following God and one who has walked away from all she believed. I could easily see this story as their story--minus the ranch!

C.J. Darlington is a debut novelist to watch. Her story is rich and has a depth missing in a lot of fiction these days. Her eye for detail and for intriguing setting is sure to mark her as a shining star in the publishing world.

In addition, C.J.'s message of faith is authentic without being preachy or over the top. Her presentation of the gospel is not only engaging, but I believe it will reach anyone with it's heart and message of love and hope.

"Thicker Than Blood" receives high marks from me--five out of five bookmarks, with a first edition copy of "Chronicles of Narnia" as a charm. Love to read books about book lovers! Don't miss this stunning debut from an author with a lot of stories yet to tell (I hope!).

My thanks to my friends at Tyndale for my copy, and to Jerry B. Jenkins for believing in budding authors!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I've been looking forward to this one. :)

jerricaparr said...

I'm hosting a Valentine's Day Swap on my blog. It's called Cupid's Blogger Swap. If you're interested, feel free to sign up on my blog. Hope you decide to join in on the fun! Thanks for your time.
http://jerricapuck.blogspot.com/2009/12/cupids-blogger-swap-sign-up.html

C.J. Darlington said...

Deena... you're the best! Thanks so much for reading and reviewing Thicker than Blood.