Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rain On Me by Holley Gerth



Real faith. Genuine trust. Authentic belief amid tragic circumstances...

...these were the phrases that ran through my mind as I sampled Holley Gerth's new book, "Rain On Me." Written while going through one of the storms of life, Holley's book rings with genuine voice and a deeply rooted faith that has stood through the testing.

Dealing with four years of infertility, Holley believes we don't have to wait until our trial ends before we begin to see the blessings amid the pain. Or as God shared with her once..."You may be in a cave but you have a choice: you can sit in the dark, or you can diamond-mine your difficulties."

Rich with Scripture and real people of faith with real and deep struggles, Holley's book is one I can give to my friends who've just learned their 30 year old son has maybe a year more to live.

Or one I can give my daughter who wrestles with being a single mom, just trying to survive each day until the next one, wondering if someone will be able to love her and her son one day.

Or a book I can read and take comfort in myself as I learn this new season of life without my mom by my side. Basically, whatever your struggle, there are lessons to be learned from "Rain On Me".

Written as an interactive journal, Holley shares a devotional with you, then asks you to make it personal by writing answers to some questions built around the message of the devotional. By the end of the book, you'll have taken quite a journey with Holley as your guide.

And what a journey it will be.

Beautifully packaged by Summerside Press (thanks to C.J. at TitleTrakk.com for my copy!), this book offers comfort both in its design as well as its contents. That's why I'm adding it to my list of books for friends in need as a top choice.

That's also why I'm giving "Rain On Me" the Golden Bookmark for Heart in Writing, with an umbrella as a charm. I knew I'd love Holley's book when I discovered she's the writer of my favorite card to send to loved ones.

Want to know what the card is? You'll have to read the book! But it will be time well invested...and bring great healing to whatever you're facing in your life.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: