Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tbe Tallest of Smalls by Max Lucado



Max Lucado is back with another gorgeous children's book on significance. My thanks to the people at Thomas Nelson for my copy! I adore Max's books, and his children's storybooks are some of my favorites.

We all long to know we matter, that we're loved not for what we do, but simply because of who we are. Ollie feels that longing...with his patched pants and mis-matched socks.

He watches, like everyone else, for that magical six o'clock hour when he may have the opportunity to rise above it all on...two pieces of wood. A pair of stilts. Those define who he is, and how high his worth rises.

We all battle the need to know we matter, and struggle to allow Jesus to be the defining one in who we are and what we are worth. Max illustrates this through his clever rhymes, coupled with the illustrations of Maria Monescillo.

I loved this one, and I think you will as well. I'm giving "The Tallest of Smalls" four out of five bookmarks, with a pair of patched, ripped jeans as a charm.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: