Monday, October 12, 2009

Leaving Yesterday by Kathryn Cushman



Everyone has his or her favorite authors. Many love Karen Kingsbury. Well, I've found my own Karen Kingsbury style author, and her name is Kathryn Cushman. With three novels to her credit, she has a style that is both realistic and haunting...and leaves me in tears every single time.

Her latest release is "Leaving Yesterday", a story that hit close to home in my heart. Alisa Stewart is living a waking nightmare. She lost one son to a tragic death, and her other son has spiraled into a drug addicted nightmare.

Then one day, a phone call offers to change it all. Her wayward son, Kurt, is coming home, clean and sober. All of Alisa's prayers have been answered.

Or have they?

When the police come around looking to question Kurt about a vicious murder of a known drug dealer, questions begin popping up like weeds in Alisa's garden of hope. Could her son, now clean and sober and on the right path--could he have been capable of such a hideous thing?

Can Alisa keep silent, rewarding her son for his changed life...or will truth prevail, no matter what the cost?

This is a heart-rending story that actually radiates hope. Just not the kind of hope we're used to seeing in today's modern church. Alisa is the kind of woman I'd want as my friend...my closest friend.

I only hope, after reading this novel, that I can be the kind of friend women like Alisa need in their lives. Kathryn Cushman writes stories with heart and passion, about people who could very well be living in your neighborhood...

...or people who could be living in your home...your church...you. I challenge you to read one Kathryn Cushman novel without a package of tissues at your side! I'm awarding "Leaving Yesterday" the Golden Bookmark for Writing Excellence and Authentic Storytelling.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Shawntele said...

Another book added to my reading list...thank you! :)