Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Becoming a Family That Heals by Drs. Beverly and Tom Rodgers



Normally, I'm leery of any psychology, Christian or otherwise. But this book is something I've lived in my own family, and I found it extremely helpful. And I wasn't even looking for help...well, I was praying, but not LOOKING:-)

"Becoming a Family That Heals" isn't what I thought it would be. When I first saw the title, I thought it was about being a safe haven for those who've been wounded. Instead, it's about creating a safe haven for YOU and for your family. Within your own home.

Drs. Beverly and Tom Rodgers write from personal and clinical experience, which always gains my respect. I say don't talk it if you haven't walked it. And they've done both.

With compassion and understanding, the two walk us through a case involving Amy and Bill...I'm not finished, so I don't know if they are a real couple or a case study created for the book.

I saw a lot of myself in Bill, and a lot of my spouse in Amy. When the authors discussed how like-wounded people can find one another, it reminded me of the first long conversation I had with Dave...if you want to know about it, email me!

I'd recommend this book to couples who are wanting some healing in their marriage, their family, or just a better way to live life as a family. I have a lot of respect for couples who are struggling, and I believe this book could hold some answers for them.

Learn about the Soul-Healing Love Method the Rodgers' have been teaching since the 1980's (I hate calling anything a method, but I suppose that's what it is). It makes sense, and I plan on incorporating it into how I interact with my husband and my kids.

I'm giving "Becoming the Family That Heals" four out of five bookmarks, with a broken-yet-healed heart as a charm. As long as you're living, hope is always there. With Jesus, that is!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: