Tuesday, September 29, 2009

All I Need is Jesus & A Good Pair of Jeans by Susanna Foth Aughtmon



Upon first glance, you might be tempted to take this book rather lightly.

Don't.

While Susanna does write with humor and wit, she takes the subject of Jesus very seriously. By talking about being a tired supergirl, someone all women deep down wish they could be, she becomes easy to relate to and I found myself nodding my head as well as laughing out loud.

Susanna tackles our inner, hidden person...having pride issues, worrying, being selfish, not having the perfect figure...all the things we stress about as women and wish we could shake off.

Using Scripture and personal anecdotes, Susanna paints a picture of a humble servant of God, wanting to do better and following in Christ's footsteps. Honestly admitting we aren't all we want to be, and sometimes we aren't all we could be either.

But she gives us hope. And I like that about Susanna. That, and her sense of humor. So I'm giving "All I Need Is Jesus & A Good Pair of Jeans" four out of five bookmarks, with that perfect pair of denim, snug in all the proper places and loose in all the uncomfortable ones...you know...the ones we all search for!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Shawntele said...

Oh, you had me with the title on this one! Adding it to my list...