Saturday, September 12, 2009

10 Lifesavers For Every Couple by Dr. David Hawkins



Before you end up needing the book I reviewed yesterday, buy this one. Filled with practical advice on how to repair your marriage, no matter what state it is in, this book just may be the road to recovered marital bliss.

Dr. David Hawkins has over 30 years of experience in counseling couples. He shares some of their stories (I'm sure he changed the names or got permission), and they are all in different stages of distress.

He lists ten of what he calls 'lifesavers', including creating safety, establishing trust, and strengthening the positive. In each chapter he shares real life examples of couples who struggle in each area.

I have to admit, there were moments where I felt as if I'd read this all before, but then I realized that much of what Dr. Hawkins has to share deals with three specific areas: communication, body language, and attitude.

His book is easy to read, practical, and will help anyone who is willing to work at improving or even saving their marriage. I'm giving it four out of five bookmarks with a set of rings as a charm.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: