Saturday, June 20, 2009

What Will I Be When I Grow Up? by Susan Snyder



I warned you! As a grandma, I'm totally into children's books, and this one is adorable. Not only does it explore options for jobs, it helps illustrate how anything we do, we do unto the Lord!

"What Will I Be When I Grow Up?" is rich with detail and Scripture. The illustrations are eye appealing for children (again, not my favorites). Each page asks a question, then answers it on the opposite page.

For instance, "Will I be a recording artist...and sing for lots and lots of people?" the book asks.

The response: "Maybe, but even if I'm not...I can sing and praise God every day," and then quotes Psalm 89:1.

How adorable is that?? I'm in love with this book! Demonstrating the potential for all things, and using all things to God's glory...how much better can it be? The book closes with one of my favorite Scriptures:

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord," Colossians 3:23. Susan Snyder truly is doing just that, and her book will bless children everywhere.

Again, this is a perfect book for homeschooling family. I'm giving "What Will I Be When I Grow Up?" five out of five bookmarks, with a teeny briefcase as a charm...green leather with the initials DMP:-)

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: