Monday, February 9, 2009

Word Gets Around by Lisa Wingate



This is my second novel by Lisa Wingate, and her writing gets better as the books pour out of her pen. Ever lived in a small town? Then you know just how "Word Gets Around"...just like Lauren Eldridge does.

She'd finally wiped the dust of Daily, Texas from her feet and made her way in the big world. Her past was gone and her future was bright with possibilities...

...until her dad called. Seems Daily is to be the new site for a Hollywood film. The star is nearly washed up and the plot is thin at best, but Lauren's dad has too much invested in the film for her to ignore his plea for help.

Can she battle the haunting events of her past to return and help her father out? What kind of gossip will her return stir up, and can she face those who bear the most hurt from her past actions?

Nate Heath has been the one to rescue Justin Shay every time he falls; this time, he promises to stay out of the mess of a project. But with a promise to have a great script to tweak, he falls for Justin's antics one more time.

The script has more plot holes than a gopher infested lawn, and Nate soon feels he's in over his head. He's most definitely head over heels for the female horse whisperer that appears on the set.

Something holds Lauren captive, and Nate is determined to unlock her prison and set her free to love again...hopefully, to love him. But are some locks just too strong?

"Word Gets Around" brings back some beloved characters from Lisa's first novel, "Talk of the Town", fleshing them out more and keeping you chuckling at their small town antics. I enjoyed this visit to Daily far more than I did my first, and I'm hoping to spend more time getting to know the folks of the Texas town with the huge reputation.

"Word Gets Around" receives four out of five bookmarks from me, with a bridle as a charm...you can lead a reader to a novel, but you can't make'em read! Try this new book by Lisa Wingate out and see if you don't have a hoot and a holler of a good time!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

2 comments:

MizB said...

I LOVE Lisa Wingate's writing! And, if you haven't read her book, "Tending Roses", yet, I highly recommend you do so! It's amazing...and a real tear-jerker!

((Sorry if I've already recommended this to you, in the past -- I never remember who I recommend to! LOL))

G.R.I.T.S. said...

This sounds like a good read! I can't wait to find it at my local library!!!!