Thursday, February 19, 2009

Daniel's Den by Brandt Dodson



I adore Brandt Dodson's writing. My husband is a huge Spencer fan, and I personally believe Mr. Dodson writes circles around Robert B. Parker..without all the ick. His previous books were outstanding.

Which is why I'm so surprised that I didn't care much for his new release, "Daniel's Den". Maybe it was all the talk of the corporate/trading/financial world that I just do not get at all. Or maybe I was just tired.

But I never connected with Daniel or Elvis. Although a dog named Elvis is cool beans! But he never connected with me. I never felt like Daniel came to life. And Laura wasn't there for me either.

The action seemed convoluted, I had a hard time keeping track of the bad guys, and I just couldn't make myself care what was happening. Compared to his other novels, this just doesn't cut it for me.

I hate to do it, but I'm giving "Daniel's Den" three out of five bookmarks, with a set of car keys as a charm. You may like this one more than I did--so give it a read, or check out other reviews.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

1 comment:

SmilingSally said...

I just finished reading it this week; my review is scheduled for later. I gave it 4 out 5. I liked Elvis, although he was for sure the smartest dog I've ever met!

http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com