Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Extreme Makeover: Life Edition PReview Five--Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge

Photobucket


This was fun, sharing books with you that I truly believe can give you a great start to the new year. My only problem is I have SO MANY MORE to share...so let me know if you'd like to know about them...Till then, this is our final PReview...

Photobucket


Written by husband and wife John and Stasi Eldredge, "Captivating" talks about a woman's desire for romance and to be cherished in her life. While John's book usually address men's and women's issues, this one tackles only what hides in the heart of a woman.

Now, this is one I've read completely, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how well it is written and at how thought provoking it was. Stasi and her husband examine how a woman can be strong, confident, and bold and yet remain feminine and gentle and tender.

In an age when women are pushed to do everything and be everything, a heart that longs to be rescued or protected or sheltered...that craves a knight in shining armor...can feel odd, even foreign.

But, ladies, admit it...you love the movie where the guy sweeps the girl off her feet...you must, because Hollywood keeps churning them out and we keep paying the bucks to have our hearts captivated by love and romance again and again.

This isn't cheap thrill seeking. This is a book about needing that passion and that tender love in our lives that can only truly come from God. This is a book about getting our heart out of cold storage and bringing it back to life again, no matter the cost or the pain.

This is a book I think you'll find intriguing and worth talking about. It may just waken the sleeping beauty inside of you and change how you view God, your life, and the love you crave.

I plan on re-reading this one in the coming months, to remind myself to be soft and moldable by God, as well as letting my husband be my protector and my shield.

Happy Reading!

Deena

2 comments:

Nise' said...

I have this book on the top of my TBR list! Glad to read your review.

windycindy said...

I have to agree with you! To me, there is nothing like romance. During courtship, there usually is a lot of doting on and romantic gestures! Then, you get married and somewhere along the line,the romance is gone. I think it is work, but well worth it, to try and recapture why we fell in love in the first place. Thanks for the review of a great book to read! Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com