Sunday, December 30, 2007

Extreme Life Makeover: PReview Three--Desire by John Eldridge

Photobucket


Finally, a book review for men:-) See, I told you I'd post a few for the guys! This is one that I've heard quite a bit about, but haven't yet read all the way through...

Photobucket


"Desire" by John Eldredge is a re-release of his 2000 publication. Based on the premise that we all have a need for passion in our everyday lives, "Desire" takes the reader to a place where you can find the desire of your heart.

In this book, Eldredge takes to task the idea that, in order to live holy lives, we must die to our heart's desires. Santification. According to Eldredge, God has given us desires, and we are meant to discover them and strive for them.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. I've heard positive and negative comments about "Desire", and I plan on exploring this book more thoroughly as time passes. Until then, consider this my PReview of this very popular book!

Tomorrow, I'll post a PReview of another book for men (and women), and on New Year's Day, I'll be previewing "Captivating", a book written by John and Stasi Eldredge for women.

Happy Reading!

Deena

No comments: