Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Well...I was all set to love this book. The cover was amazing, and the storyline appealing. Yup, all set to love this book...

And I DO!!

Scotty Dawn is an atypical teenager. She is not self-absorbed, she is self-sufficient, she has an insatiable thirst for knowledge about everything, and she cares about people of all ages with a deep passion.

I LOVE HER!!

She hasn't had your typical family growing up, though. Scotty has grown up in an RV she "affectionately" calls the Y--as in Y do I live here! Her mom, Charlie, is a food stylist for movies, and a strict vegetarian--which seriously crimps Scotty's love for all things cheese!

And her dad---is a huge unknown in Scotty's life.

Charlie is also on the run...from something. Or from someone. Scotty isn't sure who or what, but she is determined to find out. And find out she does...proving knowledge isn't always what it's cracked up to be, but secrets simply bind us in the darkness.

This story is fun. Watching the character development is a hoot, and I would LOVE to know a real life Scotty to hang out with. Actually, I think I do...she reminds me an awful lot of my 17 year old--minus the cheese adoration and scooter:-)

Interspersed in this daily journal are Scotty's blog entries on her blog, "Hollywood Nobody". I love her observations of Hollywood life, stardom, and all things media centered. This is one teen who's got her head on straight and her eyes on the prize...wish we had more of her in our everyday world.

The great news is this is going to be a SERIES!! So, I'm giving "Hollywood Nobody" five out of five bookmarks, with a wedge of cheese charm--probably Gouda--in honor of Scotty.

I thought about a scooter, but she's got this thing about cheese...did I mention that?? And I'm adding a bonus charm of a tiny bottle of mustard...now you'll HAVE to read the book to find out why!!

Happy Reading!

Deena

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great review, she sounds like a wonderful character. Love that it's the start of a series! :)

Anonymous said...

That book just looks like fun!