Monday, July 2, 2007

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling by Neta Jackson

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I was late getting into the Yada Yada Prayer Group series. I think I jumped in around book #4. But once I'd read one, I was hooked. And "Gets Rolling" keeps the wonderful story of the Yada's going.

For those who haven't read a Yada Yada novel yet, I won't spoil it for you. Suffice it to say, storylines begun in book #5 are continued and wrapped up in this novel. Changes come; losses are great; and God is on the move!

But will Jodi and the other Yada's go where He goes? Can they see beyond their loss for the victories that lie ahead? And will the Yada Yada sisters stay together, or be forced to go their own ways?

Neta Jackson has done more than just write a wonderful chick-lit series...she has created a phenomenon. Yada Yada Prayer groups are popping up all over, and she is the inspiration for Wholly Devoted, our women's fellowship at Loma Rica Baptist Church.

Pick up a copy of the original Yada Yada Prayer Group novel and meet Jodi, Yoyo, Delores, Ruth, Avis, Hoshi, Becky (in book #2), Stu, Edesa, Adele and Florida...and all of their assorted family and friends (did I leave anyone out?? LOL!!). You will long for a group of sisters like these...

I envy you if you've never read a Yada Yada novel...oh, the journey you'll embark on! "The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling" gets 6 out of 5 bookmarks from me.

And I'm sad to say...we only have one more installment to look forward to..."Decked Out" hits shelves soon, and we say goodbye to the group.

Happy Reading!

Deena

2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I wasn't interested in this series when I first heard about it, but the more I hear, the more I want to read it. My TBR pile keeps getting higher and higher -- but that's a good thing!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Denise said...

Woo Hoo sounds great.