Sunday, July 22, 2007

Well...

I did it.

I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I'm exhausted.

I think I have a Potter hangover:-)

Join us tomorrow for our kick-off of

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Tell all of your Harry Potter friends!

And, for those who may be offended by my references and discussion of Harry Potter, I apologize. But I honestly do not see how a person could read the entire series and not see Jesus in these books.

Intentional or not, JK Rowling has created a modern day Lord of the Rings masterpiece!

Move over, Clive Staples and J.R.R.---there's a new kid in town!!

Happy Reading!

Deena

3 comments:

ohAmanda said...

I don't know if I'd compare JKR to CSLewish--but I know what you mean. I just finished Deathly Hollows & JKR quoted a complete scripture once and then a partial one later. The thing is...every good and perfect gift is from God. I don't think JKR is a Christian. But Biblical TRUTHS are TRUE! So, sacrifice, love, honesty and heroism are only examples and reflections of GOD!

ohAmanda said...

One more thing:

If you're against witches/wizards, I applaud you. But you better be consistent--no LOTR, no Scooby Doo, no Star Wars, no Harry. If you are willing to read fantasy, read it with a Biblical worldview. You can find God in everything (not in a new-age-ish way) because GOD created all things and ALL things are held together thru Him! (Sorry to hijack the comments!)

Denise said...

I agree with you my friend.