Thursday, June 14, 2007

Booking Through Thursday...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I don't usually post the Booking Through Thursday question (mainly because I forget to go and check what it is:-)...but this one seemed right up my alley...so here it is...

1. Do you cheat and peek ahead at the end of your books? Or do you resolutely read in sequence, as the author intended?
2. And, if you don’t peek, do you ever feel tempted?


Now, very rarely will I ever peek at the end...my husband is really bad about this, and I'm trying to break him of it:-)

But I must admit, there have been at least 2 books I've read this past year where I just couldn't stand it any longer and I did a peeky at the last page...
but I didn't READ it!

I only looked for a particular characters name, just to make sure he/she lived to tell the tale!!

I've been debating with myself on whether or not I'll read the last chapter first of the 7th book in the Harry Potter series (for my post on Potter, click here).

Yet I feel like that would be cheating...so I probably won't...but I'll want to!

How about you??

Happy Reading!

Deena

6 comments:

Denise said...

I never peek, just read the book straight through.

Marianne Arkins said...

Geez... so far I'm the only peeker. But I do have my reasons.
They are here.

ohAmanda said...

No way! Sometimes I have to use my hand to cover up the bottom of the page so I don't "accidentally" read what happens!

Barbara H. said...

I enjoyed this question, too. I'm tempted, but I usually refrain -- I like to savor the story.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Anonymous said...

No I do not want to know!!! I dog ear the last page on all my books to know where the last page it. Sometimes there is so much stuff after the last page!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I never peek, as it would ruin the ending for me. :)

I read to be entertained or for escapism, and to me, if you read the ending, you ruin that whole
experience.

Happy Reading!