Friday, May 25, 2007

Ahhh! A Nice, Easy Meme!!

Denise at Shortybear's Place tagged me for this nice, simple meme! LOL!!

Here's how the literary meme works:

1. Grab the book closest to you
2. Open it to page 161
3. Find the fifth full sentence
4. Post the text of the sentence to your blog
5. Don't search around for the coolest book you have, use the one that is really next to you.
6. Tag five people to do this meme.

So, I grab my book. It is "The Bad Hair Day Book".

I open to page 161.

There is no fifth sentence.

I grab another book from my nearby stack.

It is "Wrestling With God" by Greg Laurie.

I open to page 161.

There is no page 161.

I grab ANOTHER book from my nearby pile (I carry a huge totebag with all kinds of reading stuff inside for just in case I have a minute, and I can't decide what to read next:-).

It is "Epicenter" by Joel C. Rosenberg.

I open to page 161.

FINALLY, a fifth full sentence...oooh, their not gonna like this one!!

"Driven by this hatred of God and his chosen people, Hitler went on to murder 6 million Jews in a campaign known as The Final Solution that was designed to wipe out all Jews."

Ummmmm...I can't leave you with THAT!!...

So, back to "The Bad Hair Day Book"...this is the quote on page 161.

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."--John Mason

A nice, easy meme....what was I THINKING!!!

Ok, I tag Nise', Taunalen, Julie, Amanda, and Bunny!!

LOL!

Happy Reading!

Deena

4 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for making me smile, I love you.

TaunaLen said...

Thanks for the rescue! Check out my post for today to get the details.

Hugs,

~TaunaLen

Nise' said...

Thanks for tagging me, I love to play along. Check it out here

Julie Carobini said...

Hey Deena--It took me awhile to realize your meme post was way, way down here. Since you tagged me, I'll post the answer tomorrow. It's a cool, brief sentence, but you'll have to wait, ha.