Saturday, April 7, 2007

Hidden In Plain Sight by Mark Buchanan

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I have enjoyed reading Mark Buchanan's books. He has a fresh way of explaining Biblical teachings that is very appealing and easy to apply to everyday life. So I was eager to dig into his latest book, "Hidden In Plain Sight".

I was NOT disappointed!

In "Hidden", Mark examines II Peter 1:1-8--here's verse 5-9:

5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;

6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

He breaks down the building blocks that Peter lays out in Scripture that enable us to have more...in fact, he calls this the secret of more.

Both Peter and Mark start with the foundation of faith, and build from there. The examples Mark uses are practical, applicable, and both convicting and encouraging.

I think my favorite chapter, after faith, was the chapter on perseverance. God had Mark write this chapter for me, at this point in my Christian walk...of this I'm sure.

Pick up a copy of "Hidden In Plain Sight" for a lesson in Peter, in his teachings, and in how to have MORE...Jesus style!!

Hidden In Plain Sight gets 5 bookmarks!

Happy Reading!

Deena

2 comments:

MizB said...

Thank you, again, Deena! I'm looking forward to reading this when it comes in the mail! :D

<>< Mizbooks

Shanda said...

This book sounds so good. Our pastor has quoted MB several times, but I have not had a chance to read anything of his. You gave me the incentive!