Thursday, May 3, 2007

Books, Books...glorious Books!

I found this meme over at "Thoughts From A Brunette Brain" and thought it looked like fun! But I can't just have ONE of everything, so I'm adding up to TWO...

So, in honor of Mother's Day, I'm challenging everyone who reads this blog post to do the meme, link back to me, and enter my contest for "Death of a Garage Sale Newbie" by Sharon Dunn (I've offered this one before, but my winner already had it--so I did a quick substitute)!

Contest ends midnight, May 13th, Mother's Day---let's get a good pool of comments and links going on this one, ok? And spread the word...the more the merrier!!

1. Two book that changed your life:

In Light of Eternity by Randy Alcorn. I read this right after my father went home to Jesus, and it opened my eyes to what heaven will be. It is chocked full of Scripture, which is what I love! Now, he has a full length book called "Heaven" that is mind boggling and well worth investing in.

And the Bible, all the way through...it changed my entire way of thinking about so many, many things.

2. Two books that you've read more than once:

Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick. I read it at least once a year, for a good cry and to think about being more like Sophie.

Get Out of That Pit! by Beth Moore...can't devour it in one sitting, and I periodically slip back in...or jump in to a pit...

3. Two books I'd want on a dessert island:

Other than the Bible....the complete volume of Beth Moore.

The Girls Guide to Quality Christian Chick Lit by my favorite authors (and NO, they don't exist...that wasn't in the rules:-)

4. Two books that made you laugh:
The Guy I'm Not Dating by Trish Perry made me howl...as did Lost in NashVegas by Rachel Hauck.

5. Two books that made you cry:
Get Out Of That Pit by Beth Moore...because it helped me recognize so much of my life has been lived in a pit, and gave me the means to get out!

Sophie's Heart--I cry every time.

6. Two books you wish you had written:
None. I am just thankful for the authors who DID write them.

7. Two books you wish had never been written:
Any book that detracts from my Lord.

8. Two books you are currently reading:
The Bible....and

Death of a Garage Sale Newbie by Sharon Dunn...and Laughing Matters by Phil Callaway...and Split Ends by Kristin Billerbeck...and--

Oh, wait...only two?? So sorry...

Your turn!!

Happy Reading!

Deena

2 comments:

Nise' said...

How could I have missed this. I will get right on it. I saw a new reading challenge as well..hmmmm
I'll be right back.

Nise' said...

Sorry, I got distracted and didn't get right back....
Here's my answers