Friday, February 9, 2007

Full Disclosure by Tamara Tilley

Once again, I'm disappointed in a novel. "Full Disclosure" was a chance buy from a little known publisher. I've been pleasantly surprised by some of these finds, but not this time.

"A quiet beachfront town. An attempted hit. A shaky romance. An unexpected twist." That was the back cover copy, and it sold me. Wish now I had passed. Jack and Ciara are ok as characters, but they are so one-dimensional that I find I really don't care what happens to them.

The dialogue seems stiff, the scenes feel contrived...there's just no flow. I'm on page 53 and I don't even know if I want to plow through till the end.

This makes me sad, because the premise of the novel sounds great. A stray hitman's bullet blinds an up and coming new artist by accident. Or was it an accident? Who was the actual target? And why is the president's sons living a few doors down?

So what? That's how I feel as of page 53. If you must read this one, check it out at your local library, or borrow it from a friend. It's not worth the investment.

Off to find something else to read...

Deena

1 comment:

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Thanks for the honest assessment. You BETTER be this honest with me when you give me feedback, girl. :)